Monday, October 17, 2011

smoothies!


I made Strawberry Pineapple smoothies for Buggy and I today :) Here's the recipe:

Strawberry Pineapple Smoothies

6 strawberries (or ~1/2 cup if they're small)
1/2 cup pineapple
4 oz almond milk (or any safe milk)
1 tbs honey (or agave nectar)
10 ice cubes (more or less)

Toss all ingredients into the blender, blend until smooth, and enjoy! This made just shy of 3 cups which was more than enough for the baby and I. We could've made it into 3 servings, but my husband wasn't interested in any. Another tasty way you could try this would be to add a banana or maybe some blueberries. Have fun with this one!




Almond Milk

1 cup raw almonds
4 cups water

Soak almonds overnight or at least 6 hours. Rinse 2-3 times then add almonds and 4 cups of water to a blender and blend until a nice milky white. You'll need to strain the almond pulp out of the milk: you can use cheesecloth or they make super handy nut milk bags like this one. Cheesecloth is a bit slower of a method, but it gets the job done! Some people will use up to 7 cups of water to 1 cup almonds, it just depends on how creamy or watery you like yours. You can also add agave nectar or honey to taste.



I added at least one picture to each recipe (okay, you caught me - every recipe EXCEPT the almond milk one) because I think recipes are more trustworthy with images. To me, a recipe without a picture is like a book without a cover - yeah, it still works.. but it's just not the same. Besides, if there's no picture for me to look at, how am I to know if I made if right? And how will I know if it looks like something I might enjoy? I'm a very visual person... I rarely try recipes that don't have pictures of the finished product with them.

So go on... scroll down, check out the picture, go make yourself some pancakes and a smoothie for your midnight snack :)

No comments:

Post a Comment