Tuesday, October 11, 2011

mmmm.. fresh, warm, homemade cinnamon bread!

Ignore the light patch ; ) my bread machine didn't mix as thoroughly as usual!

I was playing around with my current hypoallergenic bread recipe, trying to tweak it so it was JUST right and decided to try adding some cinnamon today. After all, who doesn't like cinnamon? I made this bread at 1:30 pm, largely due to may daughter, it's now more than half gone! (It's 9:03 pm by the way) Even my husband said it was delicious and tried to steal my piece :) I think I'll make some more tomorrow, maybe add a little more cinnamon and possibly even a bit of nutmeg.

10/16 edit - more cinnamon was definitely better! I've also decided this bread smells like Christmas :) I changed the ingredients below to reflect my latest trial of the bread recipe. I must say I'm quite satisfied with it. Slather on some coconut oil and honey (or agave nectar) and enjoy!

Cinnamon Bread

Dry ingredients:
2 cups of allergy friendly flour (see below recipe if you need one!)
1/2 cup tapioca (or arrowroot) starch
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbs cinnamon
~1/2 tsp himalayan salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1 packet Red Star yeast (if avoiding corn it's important to buy this specific packet of yeast as it is corn free - if avoiding yeast, try this without it, you'll still get some rise from the vinegar/baking soda)

Wet ingredients:
1 1/4 cups HOT water
1-2 tbs honey
1/2 tbs apple cider vinegar
1 tbs chia seeds soaked in 3 tbs water until gel-y (or if you're not avoiding eggs, use 1!)

Steps:
a) Add all wet ingredients to the bread maker
b) Combine dry ingredients separately in a bowl
c) Once dry ingredients are all mixed together, gently add them to the bread maker as well

I bake mine on the ExpressBake 1.5 setting with a medium crust and in just under an hour it's done :) It also leaves your house smelling wonderfully like cinnamon for a while. Check on the batter after a few minutes of mixing, it should be roughly the consistency of muffin or pancake batter rather than bread dough consistency. Add water or flour if needed to achieve proper batter consistency.

I hope you guys enjoy this bread! I will try making another loaf soon with a few adjustments :)





No comments:

Post a Comment